- Update in DB - Objects are renumbered in the database.
- Export - The objects are renumbered and exported in text format.
- Update text file - Objects are renumbered in a text file.
Update is recommended because all data in the Object Manager will also be renumbered. If you choose for the export mode, the data will stay the same.
Update in DB ModeClick Renumber Objects and then click Add Objects.
In field No. of Involved Objects you can see which objects will be updated when you renumber your selection of objects. In the following example you can see that the Resource table also will be updated because is has a reference to the Car table.
With the option Keep Delta Equal you only have to change one New Number. The Object Manager will apply the same delta to all other lines. If you have selected a couple of lines the delta will only apply to the selected lines. Without the option Keep Delta Equal you can modify the lines separately. The lines in the renumber page can have the following colors:
- Black - New number is equal to original number.
- Red - New number already exists.
- Purple - New number is two times present.
- Green - Object will be renumbered.
Press Start and a wizard will open which guide you through the renumbering.
Export ModeThis option works the same as the Updating in DB option, but the objects in the original database are not renumbered. The renumbering is only done in the exported file. The exported file is a text file which you can import in the Object Designer. Choose option Export, and select the filename for the text file.
Press Start to initiate the renumbering and the file will be created.